Join Our Winning Team!
The California Lottery is a great place to begin, maintain, or advance your career. We’re always looking for talented, creative employees who can help us continue to prosper and grow. Since our mission is to provide supplemental funding for California’s public schools and colleges, when you join us, you’ll contribute to something big and meaningful - creating a better tomorrow, one student at a time.
We believe in professional development and provide all the support, resources, and tools you need to be successful, including an innovative, energetic, transparent, team-oriented environment. Whether you are experienced, changing careers, or starting out, the California Lottery is a great place to work.
The Lottery has openings at our Sacramento Headquarters and nine district offices. If the odds are that you’re a good fit, we’d love to hear from you.
The California Lottery is a multi-billion-dollar enterprise headquartered in Sacramento. It is one of the few state agencies that is a revenue generator, not accepting taxpayer dollars from the state’s general fund. Our mission is to provide supplemental funding to California schools while simultaneously supporting local communities. Ninety-five cents of every dollar spent by our players goes back to local communities in the form of contributions to public schools and colleges, prizes, and retail compensation.
In the fiscal year 2021-22, the California Lottery generated sales of more than $8.8 billion with over $2 billion earned for California public schools. Lottery products are sold at more than 23,000 retail locations throughout the state, from independent neighborhood shops to convenience stores, liquor stores to supermarkets, and more. Retail product offerings include an average of 52 fun and entertaining Scratchers games and several draw games, including jackpot games such as Powerball, Mega Millions, and SuperLotto Plus and daily games such as Fantasy 5 and Hot Spot.
When choosing a state organization to work for, there are a lot of options. Why choose California Lottery?
• Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits
• Pension and savings plans
• Opportunities for career advancement
• Training and development support
• Inclusive atmosphere and employee recognition
• Work/Life balance
• Personal job satisfaction supporting public education as a California civil servant
• Work schedule flexibility for eligible positions
• Free Parking, EV charging stations, and discount on public transportation Wellness and Employee Assistance Programs
• Gold-level, LEED-certified buildings at our Sacramento Headquarters and most California Lottery District Offices
• Headquarters amenities: Easy freeway and downtown Sacramento access, outdoor courtyard/patio seating area, Museum of Lottery Artifacts, comfortable breakrooms